Our web site contains lots of valuable and interesting information about adopting rescue dogs, fostering, pet adoption events, Happy Tails, and more.
Adoptable DOGS can be found on www.adoptapet.com/OSCAR-Dogs
Adoptable CATS can be found on www.adoptapet.com/OSCAR-Cats
After you have found the perfect pet, please
go to O.S.C.A.R. Application & Info.
One Step Closer Animal Rescue (O.S.C.A.R.) is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization run by dedicated volunteers.
O.S.C.A.R. Pet Adoptions & Events 2018
We are always adding Pet Adoption events and Supply Drives.
Please check here often for exciting events!
Dec 23 - Supply Drive (Sun. 9am-4pm)
26 Hampton House Rd (Rt 206)
Newton NJ 07860
View more exciting Events on
Kids Helping O.S.C.A.R.
We realize how important it is for kids to learn how to help animals and that there are animals in need in their community. We have different ways to help, all of which benefit the rescue. Kids learn the value of setting goals and feeling like they are making a difference.
Be sure to visit our page Kids Helping O.S.C.A.R. to read more about the O.S.C.A.R. and our local kids!
* * * * * * * *
KIDS - Here is a great way that you can help O.S.C.A.R.! Collect change, then give us a call. We'll arrange for you to come down and have a personal tour of our new shelter. You'll get to see the dogs and cats you are helping.
Many Thanks to Gaby & Samantha, Silver Scouts!
Hi OSCAR, Thank you so much for having us, and giving us a tour of O.S.C.A.R. . Attached, is a picture of us with the donations.
See more photos of other young friends on
Kids Helping O.S.C.A.R.
Part Time & Full Time Kennel Attendant Positions Available
Posted: January 6, 2017
One Step Closer Animal Rescue is currently looking for part time & full time kennel attendants.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Follow the shelter procedures
- Make sure animals are clean
- Recognize and records any unusual condition or abnormal behavior of any shelter animal
- Report signs of illness, disease, injury or unusual activity
- Feed each animal as prescribed and records appetites
- Receive animals to be admitted for shelter care and is responsible for their proper identification
- Assist with the administration of medications
- Make sure cages and animals are properly numbered and identified
- Wash and dry towels and blankets
- Wash and sterilize water and food bowls
- Perform general cleaning
- Empty trash
- Patrol shelter grounds daily, picking up any trash and stool material
- Maintain equipment used to complete job assignments and keeping such equipment and tools in good working condition
- Keep equipment and tools put away in proper storage areas
Kindly email your resume to Oscarshelter@yahoo.com if you are interested in the position.
High School or equivalent
LINKED-In: One Step Closer Animal Rescue openings for part time & full time kennel attendants