Tabby Tracker www.TabbyTracker.com is the largest public lost and found cat database.
Fido Finder www.fidofinder.com is a good resource for lost and found dogs.
Lost My Doggie www.lostmydoggie.com
This website (for a small fee) will do "robo" calls to thousands of homes in the area where the dog was lost
www.craigslist.org (New Jersey Lost & Found)
Best Friends Animal Society offers some great information
about what to do if you've found a stray:
GREAT SITES WITH LOTS OF TIPS:
- Call police and animal control EVERY DAY (animal control keeps a record of found animals)
- Go to area shelters in person EVERY DAY (pets may not be properly identified over phone) (contact shelters near and far)
- Check with rescue groups (found on Internet)
- Place ads in newspapers
- Leave your pet's bedding and toys outside; your pet may pick up the scent;
- Place a piece of your clothing that has been worn but not washed on your property (sweep the lawn with it as well as leave it outside); your pet may pick up the scent.
- Post flyers with a color photograph of your pet and the word "LOST" along with phone # and SECURELY STAPLE on telephone poles, at vet offices, grocery stores, pet supply stores, drug stores, any kind of stores, libraries, churches, train stations, schools, and gas stations.
- Be persistent; don't feel like you are bothering anyone by repeating your requests to find your pet; sometimes it takes awhile to find a missing pet.